Northside Presbyterian Church is a small, hope-filled congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) located in Ann Arbor. Established in 1959 as an outreach to the University of Michigan’s North Campus, we have grown to attract a diverse membership base from all over Southeastern Michigan. We are one of nearly 90 churches comprising the Presbytery of Detroit.
Our Purpose Statement:
To glorify God by being…
- Welcoming in worship
- Inclusive by intention
- Joyful in doing justice
- Liberal in love
We believe that the presence of our congregation can and does make a difference in our community.
In our PC(USA) denomination, Northside Presbyterian Church is a More Light congregation. We affirm Christ’s inclusive love and justice for all, celebrating the Spirit’s gifts of diversity and prophecy. We invite everyone—regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, document status, or other worldly condition—to fully join us in worship, education, servant leadership, and outreach.
Our Ecumenical Partnership
Since 1966, we have been sharing all facilities and some programs with St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church. This partnership in ministry, the second oldest relationship of its kind in the U.S., began in 1966 and was formalized in 1972 as Northside Associated Ministries (NAM). Though each congregation has its own sanctuary and worship services, we worship together many times throughout the liturgical year, and are deeply enriched by our co-ministry and fellowship.
We hope to worship with you in the near future!